Dr. Sumit Mukherjee
Dr. Sumit Mukherjee completed his Ph.D. in Bioinformatics in 2019 from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata. He won the prestigious PBC fellowship for outstanding postdoctoral researcher award from the Council for Higher Education Israel and joined the MFM Lab in November 2019.
During his postdoctoral research, Sumit lead several projects on chimeric RNAs and COVID-19. He published several papers during his postdoctoral research at the MFM lab. His published articles on COVID-19 were covered by several media and newspapers such as The Jerusalem Post, Times of Israel, Israel National News, Times of India, EurekAlert, etc.
The complete list of his publication will be found in the following link: Sumit Mukherjee – Google Scholar
Publication from MFM lab:
- Mukherjee, S., Tworowski, D., Detroja, R., Mukherjee, S.B., and Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “Immunoinformatics and Structural Analysis for Identification of Immunodominant Epitopes in SARS-CoV-2 as Potential Vaccine Targets“. Vaccines 8, 290. (2020)
- Tworowski, D., Gorohovski, A., Mukherjee, S., Carmi, G., Levy, E., Detroja, R., Mukherjee, S.B., and Frenkel-Morgenstern, M.” COVID19 Drug Repository: text-mining the literature in search of putative COVID19 therapeutics“. Nucleic Acids Research, gkaa96, (2021)
- Mukherjee, S., Banerjee, B., Karasik, D., Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “mRNA-lncRNA Co-Expression Network Analysis Reveals the Role of lncRNAs in Immune Dysfunction during Severe SARS-CoV-2 Infection“. Viruses 13(3), 402, (2021)
- Carmi, G., Gorohovski, A., Mukherjee, S., Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “Non-optimal codon usage preferences of coronaviruses determine their promiscuity to infect multiple hosts“. The FEBS journal (2021)
- Mukherjee, S., Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “Evolutionary impact of chimeric RNAs on generating phenotypic plasticity in human cells“. Trends in Genetics (Invited review) (2021)
- Mukherjee, S., Heng, H.H., Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “Emerging role of chimeric RNAs in cell plasticity and adaptive evolution of cancer cells“. Cancers (Invited review) (2021)
- Mukherjee, S., Detroja, R., Balamurali, D., Matveishina, E., Medvedeva, Y., Valencia, A., Gorohovski, A., and Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “Computational analysis of sense-antisense chimeric transcripts reveals their potential regulatory features and the landscape of expression in human cells“. NAR Genomics and Bioinformatics (2021)
- Mukherjee, S.B., Gorohovski, A., Merzon, E., Levy, E., Mukherjee, S., Frenkel-Morgenstern, M. “Seasonal UV and Vitamin D: Association with the dynamics of COVID-19 transmission in Europe“. (Submitted) (2021)